Administrative Assistant – Level 1
The Town of Twillingate is inviting individuals with a passion for local government and a desire to serve the residents of Twillingate to apply for the position of Administrative Assistant – Level 1.
The Town of Twillingate, with a population of 2,121 is an outport community located on the north central coast of Newfoundland and Labrador. The Town has a rich history, handed down through generations, natural beauty and a vibrant, traditional lifestyle – where people are connected to the land, sea, and each other.
Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of office.
- Answers phone calls, schedules meetings and supports residents and visitors.
- Processes payments, invoices, and work orders.
- Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Provides administrative organization and support for special projects and temporary workers hired by the Town.
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via in person, phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Supports team by performing tasks related to organization and strong communication.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies.
- Upon request, attends meetings of Council and/or community meetings after regular work hours.
- Maintains Town’s social media accounts and website.
- Fulfills additional duties as requested by the CAO and/or Director of Finance.
Hours and Benefits: Regular work hours are Monday – Friday, 35-hours/week. Evening and weekend work may be required. The Town of Twillingate offers a compensation and benefits package. Applicable employer pension plan, group benefits plan, sick leave, observed holidays, and paid vacation time is provided.
Administrative Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
- Reporting Skills
- Administrative Writing Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite Skills
- Analyzing Information
- Problem Solving
- Inventory Control
- Strong Verbal Communication
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- 3 years of administrative assistant experience, completed with the last 10 years.
- Knowledge of appropriate software including: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to learn new software. Computer Literacy is a must.
- Valid driver’s license, vehicle, and current automobile insurance.
Other Requirements: Clear certificates of conduct including a RCMP Criminal Record Check and a Provincial Court Check, may be a condition of employment. Interested individuals must be bondable.
Renumeration: $29,000 to $32,000
Applicants should submit a detailed resume which reflects their knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position by 5 pm on February 13, 2023 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.