The Durrell Museum

In 1973 a group of Durrell citizens organized themselves as the Durrell Museum Association in an effort to preserve the old Arm Lads Brigade Armoury and Training Barracks.

The Arm Lads Brigade Armoury was built in 1910 and this effort was expended to preserve the memory of all those who served their country during wartime. This lead to the official written history of the Arm Lads Brigade entitled “A Legacy of Pride.”

A winner of The Manning Award for Excellence in the Public Presentation of Historic places.

The Durrell Museum also has a Polar Bear exhibit which reflects the arctic ice flow surrounding the island every winter, complete with a polar bear which drifted into town in 2000 from the ice flows.

*** Open 10 am daily from early July to late August.
*** wheelchair accessible, library & giftshop.

P.O. Box 83
17 Museum Road
Durrell, NL
A0G 1Y0
Contact Lloyd Bulgin